Firstly I would like to say Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you had a lovely day celebrating with your family and/or friends. I have been down in Wandiligong, Victoria for the past few days and have been enjoying lovely weather, company and of course food…
Unfortunately this has meant that I haven’t been able to write any new posts but tonight I made a scrumptious gluten free blueberry cake that I would like to share with you. Earlier this morning I took a drive to Bright Berry Farm and purchased half a kilo of blueberries. Initially I thought I would make an Eton mess but this idea was quickly scrapped after I found this berry cake recipe. This recipe can easily be adapted to use any kind of berries and I think I may have to give it a go in winter using stewed apples.
Gluten Free Blueberry Cake – Ingredients
- 1 cup + 1/2 tsp gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs or 3 small
- 2 cups blueberries
Gluten Free Blueberry Cake - Method
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line the bottom of a 23cm cake tin with baking paper and grease the sides.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup of flour, the baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar – this should take 3-4 minutes or longer if beating by hand.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Add the eggs and beat for another few minutes.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Carefully spoon into the prepared cake tin.
- Use the flour bowl to mix together the blueberries and 1/2 tsp flour.
- Sprinkle the berry mixture over the batter.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and when it has cooled slightly tip upside down onto a plate or board.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream and blueberries.
Number of servings: 8